- Text och musik av Per Gessle
- Förlag av Jimmy Fun Music
- Inspelad på Tits & Ass Studio (1), Halmstad, Sverige på tisdag, 14 april 1987 av Mats “MP” Persson
- Sång: Per Gessle
- Klaviaturer: Mats “MP” Persson
- Programmering: Per Gessle och Mats “MP” Persson
Per: Yea, this is the original demo to “It Must Have Been Lunch”. EMI Germany asked us to make a xmas record. – “It’s gonna be easier for you guys to get airplay in this market”, they said. Danke Schön. So I wrote “It Must Have Been Love” and made this slightly clumpsy demo. We then recorded it properly with Marie & Clarence at the brand new digital Audio Sweden Studio in Stockholm, released it in Sweden and had a huge xmas hit! Germany? Nah, they didn’t want it! No release there. Sorry guys, next time… Then of course, after we had made it in the US with “The Look” and “Listen to Your Heart” etc, we got invited to write a song for the Pretty Woman-movie (it was called something else at the time, can’t remember what…). But I didm’t have any time left since we were busy doing promo all over the world so we offered them “It Must Have Been Love” with slightly new lyrics /xmas day became winter’s day etc/. Life was never the same again.
– Roxette Facebook, söndag, 29 september 2013